online Educator Training
Munch & Move e-Learning Program
The Munch & Move e-Learning program is a free, self-paced online training program designed for Educators. If you have at least one person who has completed the Munch & Move e-Learning Program at your service you will gain access to a suite of free resources, menu and policy reviews, and tailored support from a local Health Promotion Officer.
Munch & Move Staff Development Kit
Your service can gain access to the Munch & Move Staff Development Kit, after one of your staff members' completes the Munch & Move e-Learning Program. This kit can be used to train multiple staff members at once.
The Munch & Move program recommends at least 50% of the Educators in each Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) service complete either the Munch & Move e-Learning Program or Staff Development Kit.
Online Fussy Eating Webinar for ECEC Staff
The Good for Kids team delivered an interactive webinar on Fussy Eating for ECEC Staff, in July 2022. A recorded version is now available. You can use this recording as a professional development activity for individual staff training or for group training.
The webinar covers:
- A definition of fussy eating
- Strategies to support fussy eating
- Examples of role modelling healthy eating
- Actions for taking a whole service approach
To access the webinar, click here. The link will take you through a step-by-step instruction to access the webinar, reflection document and certificate for participation.
Click here for the Good for Kids team’s suite of resources relating to fussy eating in ECEC.
Physical Activity & Fundamental Movement Skills Workshop Recording
The Good for Kids team delivered this workshop to services via zoom in May 2021. The recording now available as a professional development resource for Educators.
The workshop covers:
- The Munch & Move key message ‘get active each day’
- The Australian 24-Hour Movement Guidelines for the Early Years (Birth to 5 years)
- The 13 fundamental movement skills
The recording is split into three sections - see below.
Before watching the sessions, print out the handouts so that you can complete them alongside each session.
Supporting and Encouraging Breastfeeding Online Webinar - Tuesday August 2 2022
If you are an educator working in the early childhood setting and would like to learn more about supporting and encouraging breastfeeding come along to our online interactive webinar. This webinar will include a presentation from the Australian Breastfeeding Association and cover topics including the benefits of breastfeeding, storing and preparing breastmilk, bottle/cup feeding breastfed infants and settling breastfed infants. There will also a Q&A session at the end.
Fussy Eating Online Webinar - Monday July 25 2022
If you are a cook or educator working in the early childhood setting and would like to learn more about fussy eating come along to our online interactive webinar. This webinar will discuss fussy eating, tools and strategies to support children and role modelling healthy eating.
Healthy Menu Planning Workshops - May 3rd & 10th 2022 (registrations closed)
If you are interested in attending a future Healthy Menu Planning workshop please email the Good for Kids, Good for Life email address HNELHD-GoodForKids@health.nsw.gov.au
As of August 2021 the Healthy Menu Planning Webinars ran by the Ministry of Health have ceased. The Good for Kids Team are now running the Healthy Menu Planning Webinars for Hunter New England services from 2022 onward. For information about what will be covered please visit the Events page.
To be eligible to attend the Healthy Menu Planning workshop, please check that you meet the following criteria:
- You are currently working in a NSW centre-based early childhood education and care (ECEC) service (i.e. preschool, long day care, occasional care). Family Day Care services are not currently eligible.
- Your service is participating in the Munch & Move program (i.e. at least one educator has completed the Munch & Move program training.)
- Your service provides main meals to children in care.
- You are a service cook, director/nominated supervisor, 2IC or operational manager of a service that meets the above criteria.
- Educators and educational leaders are only eligible if you are involved in service menu planning.
Please click on the flyer above to register your attendance for this workshop.