The time children spend sitting and watching television or playing electronic games (known as ‘screen-time’) is time children could spend being active.
Educators can communicate with parents about their service’s screen time policy, and provide information on national screen time recommendations, alternatives to screen time and getting active.
- Good for Kids Screen Time Family Fact Sheet
- Munch & Move Small Screen Recreation Resources
- Get Up And Grow “We limit screen time stickers”
- Raising Children Network Small Screen Recreation Resources
- National Recommendations for TV and Computer Game Use for Children
- Australia's Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines
- How Children See Television
- Television: Babies and Toddlers
- Choosing the Best Movies for Your Child
- Benefits of Media for Children and Teenagers
Is your service following best practice? Click here to view the recommended practices