SWAP FROM these types
of SOMETIMES FOODS
Pastries e.g. store-bought pies, sausage rolls, pastries
Fast Food / Take Away (e.g. McDonalds, fish and chips)
High fat processed meats (e.g. devon, frankfurts, cabanossi, bacon, salami, chicken roll)
SWAP TO these types of EVERYDAY foods
- Pre-cooked rice / quinoa / couscous microwavable pre-packaged varieties e.g. Sun Rice, Uncle Ben’s (add filling ideas to these)
- Salad or sandwich / pita / wraps / roll / turkish bread (preferably wholegrain)
Lean roasted or grilled beef, pork, beef, lamb, kangaroo
Lean meatballs / rissoles
Lean chicken (Chicken breast, BBQ or grilled)
Fish - tuna, salmon, sardines
Leftover roasted veggies
Salad Veggies (eg. Tomato, cucumber, lettuce, grated carrot)
4 bean mix, chick peas*
*These foods pose a choking risk and may not be suitable for childcare aged- children, especially those under 4 years of age.
- Tomato based pasta dishes eg spaghetti bolognaise
- Fried Rice
- Salad e.g. grated veggie salad, garden salad, pasta and veggie salad
- Roasted / steamed veggies
- Lean meatballs or patties
- Zucchini slice
- Soup e.g. pumpkin, minestrone, chicken and vegetable
- Stir fry
See more recipes here!
Would you like to share your lunchbox photos? Click on the "Send Photos" button below. By sending us your lunchbox photos you are agreeing for these photos to be placed on our website. Your details will not be displayed with the photo.
Whilst brands may be depicted in these images and videos, Good For Kids has no affiliation and do not endorse any speciﬁc food brand. Product availability and price were current as of April 2016. We do not warrant that the information we provide will meet individual health, nutritional or medical requirements, or individual school policy.