TOP TIME-SAVING TIPS
- Keep a batch of fruit buns or pikelets portioned in the freezer (for up to 3 months). Whole sandwiches can be made ahead of time and frozen too. Use ingredients like cooked meat, cheese or mashed eggs then just put the frozen sandwich straight into the lunchbox.
- Think whole baby carrots, baby cucumbers, cobs of cooked corn & child-sized whole fruit like pears, mandarins or bananas (just check they are appropriate for your child’s age and not a choking risk).
- Snack packs of tinned fruit and yoghurts are quick an easy. Use the Swap it Choices list to find healthier versions of pre-packaged snacks like pre-portioned rice wheels or rice crackers.
- Chop extra vegetables while preparing the evening meal. Portion these into a zip lock bag or plastic containers ready for the lunchbox.
- To save money, portion your own yoghurt, tinned fruit or crackers for the week in advance. Stock up on plastic snack containers next time they’re on sale!