Physical Activity remains as important as ever to help keep our population healthy. It is proven to support our immune system and mental health, however during times of stress it is often the activity we ignore.
If your children are spending time at home, please make sure physical activity is part of your daily routine. Here are some free online resources your family can use to stay active, healthy and calm together.
Activities for little ones:
- Bluearth Active Play: Simple activities to do at home with younger kids
- Cosmic Kids Yoga (YouTube): Yoga and meditation videos for kids aged 3+
- Healthy Kids: Simple activities to do at home with younger kids and tips for using household objects as equipment
Online Sport and Dance Resources:
- GetActive@Home: The School Sport Unit is creating a range of digital resources to support teachers and parents/carers in keeping students active at home. Each week, GetActive@Home episodes will be released on the Department's website for students to watch and follow either at home or in the classroom. These will be linked to the NSW PDHPE K-10 syllabus and will be suitable for primary students.
- Go Noodle: Free sign up to access activities and dances. Many kids will already use Go Noodle in their classroom!
- Playing for Life: Activities & games to run with small groups of primary aged kids
- Yulunga Traditional Indigenous Games: Get active and learn about aspects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture
- OPEN PhysEd Active Home: Active fun for families and ‘drop everything and move’ calendars
- Nettyheads: Work on your netball skills at home
- PE with Joe: Joe (The Body Coach) is adding videos especially for kids at home!
- The PE Shed: PE games and activities
If your teenager is spending time at home, please make sure physical activity remains part of their daily routine to support their mental and physical health. Here are some free online resources to use to stay active, healthy and calm.
Click the links below:
Online workout videos
- Yoga with Adriene: Yoga and mindfulness videos
- Fitness Blender: A variety of workouts of different styles and lengths
- Pop Sugar (YouTube): Strength, cardio, dance and yoga workouts
- PE with Joe: Joe (The Body Coach) is adding videos especially for students at home!
Workout Cards and Plans
- Darebee Fitness: Workout cards - plenty of ideas with no equipment needed
- OPEN PhysEd Active Home: Active fun for families with some high school specific resources
- COVID Bingo (GoogleDoc): Bingo game that incorporates physical activity into routine while at home. Involve the family!
Play games and practice fundamental movement skills as a family with this booklet from NSW Health.
The Office of Sport have put together some great camp activities you can do at home! Find out more on their website!
If you are riding your bike for exercise or essential travel (to work or shops), check out the latest tips from Bicycle NSW.