|Healthy food for aboriginal kids
Good nutrition is necessary for the growth, physical and mental health for all kids.
Here are some tips for what you and your family can eat to help keep you healthy and strong;
- Choose water as a drink
- Eat more bush foods - plant and animal bush foods are fresh and most are low in fat and sugar
- Eat more fruit and vegetables, including fresh, frozen canned or dried options
- Eat more breads, cereals and legumes and choose multigrain or wholemeal options
- Eat less salt - try not to add salt to your food
- Eat less fatty food and fried food - eating too much fatty and fried foods can make people gain weight and lead to disease like diabetes and heart disease
- Eat less sugar - a lot of sugar we eat is hidden in foods and drinks, and eating too much sugar can make people gain weight.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Guide to Healthy Eating
Feeding Your Mob with Fruit and Veg Recipe Book
HealthInfoNet Website - Nutrition Information
Better Health Channel - Nutrition Information
Go for 2 & 5 Website